2017 in Review
- This year was dedicated to introspection. I mostly learned who I am and what do I need to be happy. I still don’t know whom I want to be when I grow up, though.
- The Prestige
Best TV Shows
- The Saint Season 2 Episode 24 Sophia
- The Deadline: A Novel About Project Management
- The Jungle Book
- Miss Peregrine’s Home for Peculiar Children
- Death: The High Cost of Living (re-read)
- More on Goodreads
Books in Blinks:
- via Blinkist
- The Idea Factory
- Experiments with People
- The Telomere Effect
- Bulletproof Diet
- Sex at Dawn
- Let My People Go Surfing
- The hygge conspiracy
- If You’re Too Busy For These 5 Things: Your Life Is More Off-Course Than You Think
Best Music Albums
- Ayreon “The Source”
- Grendel “The Age of the Disposable Body”
- Siouxsie and the Banshees “Through the Looking Glass” (I don’t know why I discovered it that late)
- Furia “Księżyc milczy luty”
- Anna Maria Jopek “Minione”
- Queen “Live at the Rainbow ‘74”
- More on Last.FM
Best Music Tracks
- Alice Cooper “Paranormal”
- Ayreon “Aquatic Race”
- Accessory “Deadline”
- Siouxsie and the Banshees “Trust in Me”
- Satyricon “To Your Brethren in the Dark”
- This Mortal Coil “We Never Danced”
- Orchestral Manouvers in the Dark “La Mitrailleuse”
- Dan Bull “Handsome Anthem Anthem”
- Gary Numan “My Name is Ruin”
- Europe “Walk the Earth”
- Various bits that I like are published on DoomHammer Supposes Erroneously
- Deine Lakaien; Leipzig, Gewandhaus; 2017.05.01
- Made in Poland; Sopot, SPATiF; 2017.11.30
Best Theatre Play
- Wesele; Stary Teatr; dir. Jan Klata
- Piotruś Pan; Teatr Muzyczny w Gdyni
What I’ve Created
- This Codex Vitae
- DoomHammer Supposes Erroneously
- A list of articles I took part in creating
- Established a personal portfolio
What I Failed to Create
- Yet again I failed to properly focus on creating an art from a coconut.
- I failed to establish a tech-site I bought domains for somewhere last year.
Top Habit I’ve Added to my Daily Routine
- Daily Smile (each day, usually after grooming, I take a photo of my smiling face to have a memento that I feel great). Besides it makes for an illustration in my journal if I don’t shoot anything better that day.
Trips I’ve Taken
- Dolina Charlotty in April. I’ve learned how to deal with a client remotely.
- Grand Tour in May. I’ve visited 5 cities staying no longer than a week in each of them. The whole trip lasted around a month and I worked and travel at the same time. I’ve learned a lot about nomad life this way and potential problems one might face. I’ve also learned that starting is even easier than anyone may think.
Physical Accomplishments and Body Changes
- Increased my consecutive pull-ups from 0 to 10 (and above)
- Learned Pistol Squats
- Lost fat, gained muscles
- Met a lot of new and interesting people mainly through the places I started to frequent.
- Found out a value of networking. Eg. I met a business contact through a coach I met through a physical therapist I met through another coach.
- Created a Nighttime Birds routine to chill out in the evenings
- Started going on weekly(-ish) walks in the park
- Recipe for Relax: bathtub full of hot water + aroma oil + Umbra Aquala + good reading + nice beverage + music (UE Roll 2 can float in the same tub)
How Did My Career Grow or Change over the Year?
- Started a company.
- Worked as a freelancer providing services to awesome customers.
- Returned to writing for my own pleasure.
- Started experiments in personal branding.
- Grew enormously in several fields I haven’t anticipated I’d be dealing with.
- Established myself as an efficiency hacker: I look at the project both on technical and on the process side, talk with people involved, notice patterns and problems then suggest improvements to the said processes, the tools used and also the culture and education. A role crossing the borders of engineering, management and psychology.
- Learned the power of marketing. I applied it to an incomplete and buggy product but it gathered loyal customers anyway. This provided a case against perfectionism.
Did I Attend any Meetings, Conferences or Trainings?
- Bar w Cyfrach by Bar School
- Better Bar 4
Materialism / Minimalism
- Got rid of various clothes so that most of my clothing fits into two drawers.
- Got myself a motorized standing/sitting desk.
Did I Grow any New Hobbies?
- Returned to writing and made it a habit.
Was I Politically Active?
Was I Invovled with Community?
- Started frequenting Movement Arena.
- Big Five / OCEAN
- Taken on 2017.10.04 via: https://www.truity.com/view/tests/big-five-personality
- Your score for openness was high, at 83%.
- Your score for Conscientiousness was high, at 85%.
- Your score for extraversion was high, at 85%.
- Your score for Agreeableness was high, at 80%.
- Your score for neuroticism was low, at 25%.
- Taken on 2017.10.14 via: https://www.123test.com/disc-personality-test/index.php
- Dominance 31
- Influence 47
- Steadiness 16
- Compliance 7
- Gretchen Rubin Four Tendencies
- Taken on 2017.10.14 via: https://quiz.gretchenrubin.com/
- Questioner (no surprise here)
- 5 Love Languages
- Taken on 2017.10.24 via: https://www.5lovelanguages.com/profile/
- 11 Quality Time
- 8 Acts of Service
- 5 Words of Affirmation
- 3 Physical Touch
3 Receiving Gifts
- 2017 in Review
Notes mentioning this note
2017 in Review
This year was dedicated to introspection. I mostly learned who I am and what do I need to be happy....
This Codex Vitae, or “book of life”, is a collection of my beliefs and concepts that inform my decisions and...
2017 in Review 2018 in Review 2019 in Review 2020 in Review